Oct 22, 2022

Let the NONFICTION Celebrations Begin!

 

A FEW of the nominated NONFICTION titles for CYBILS AWARDS


This is brief post prior to the upcoming MANY review posts for nonfiction picture books that have been nominated for Cybils Awards this year. I've begun the process and MUST shout out to my local public library and its affiliated circulation partners in surrounding communities. As nominations have poured in, nearly 95% of the titles have been accessible to me through the system and it makes this process SO very successful. 

I will not review every nominee here, but many of the ones I find outstanding will appear in coming days and weeks. Don't assume that a review locks it onto my shortlist, because I don't dare put them all there-- it makes the final winnowing too difficult!  But please consider checking out the titles I'll feature here, or on my GOODREADS account, for picture books or middle grade or high school readers. 

The photo above represents only the current batch of books I'm reading and considering thoughtfully. I need to rotate them out or that sturdy hearth will collapse under the load! Here are just a few of the picture books you'll find here in the weeks ahead. 


Since I am excited to read the middle grade and high school titles, too, (have read several so far- and they have been  outstanding!) you may want to check out my Goodreads pages to learn more about the ones I record/review there. Here's a link: Sandy Brehl Goodreads.

These are only a few of the titles under current scrutiny:




So, BA-BYE for now, I'm heading to the stacks to get back to work!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture books are as versatile and diverse as the readers who enjoy them. Join me to explore the wacky, wonderful, challenging and changing world of picture books.