Dec 20, 2018

Armchair #CybilsShortlist- Middle Grade Graphic

In case you're wondering... 

I'm eligible to enter this fun challenge from Cybils Awards, even though I am serving as a Round One Panelist for the Fiction Picture Book and Board Book categories. 
 (Note logo in the right margin!) - - - - >

This new challenge allows me to explore the OTHER categories and choose for myself the titles that I believe (hope) will be on the shortlist for that category. 
In my case, I'm a fan of graphic books for the slightly younger set, and so I gave that long list of nominees a close look. 
It turns out that I've read quite a few, enough to settle on my "fantasy" offering for the shortlist.

Here they are:


The City on the Other Side   By Mairghread Scott
Be Prepared  By Vera Brosgol
The Witch Boy  By Molly Knox Ostertag
Undocumented: A Worker's Fight  By Duncan Tonatiuh
The Cardboard Kingdom By Chad Sell
Good Rosie!  By Kate DiCamillo
Feel free to look over the eligible books in that link above and make your own choices in this or any category.
If you aren't familiar with the ever-expanding options in this category, click on the titles and check them out for yourselves. I suspect you'll be pleasantly surprised and find some exciting new offerings for your home, classroom, or library.

Wish me luck- the challenge runs from December 21 to December 30, so you can still enter this or other categories. Just post your choices and link the post to twitter #CybilsShortlilst.

And stay tuned for the official short list announcements for every category, coming on JANUARY !, 2019!   That's when the finalists judges get to work, narrowing down, discussing, and reviewing the shortlist titles to settle on a single winner in each category.
They need about six weeks for that thoughtful process, so look for the actual winners to be announced on February 14!  Then share the love of books with everyone you know!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture books are as versatile and diverse as the readers who enjoy them. Join me to explore the wacky, wonderful, challenging and changing world of picture books.