Mar 20, 2016

A Celebration of Spring: Sharing Powerful Posts

Due to rigorous revison commitments with deadlines, I must either neglect this blog for a few weeks, offer slap-dash efforts, or encourage readers to check out some of my archived spring/baseball/warm weather posts. 
None of these options is adequate, so I will, instead, direct you to several recent posts offering wonderful suggestions from bloggers whose posts I do take time to read, even when time is a precious commodity. I hope you'll take the time to read them and explore the remarkable books they recommend.

Start here with suggestions from Leslie Colin Tribble on a group blog, aptly named GROGGORG, on Friday, March 18. If the four picture books featured here don't enhance your SPRING mood, you're hopeless.  It's Spring! Let's Get Outside!

Many years ago I attended a picture book workshop offered by the inimitable and prolific JILL ESBAUM. In the midst of her very busy life she manages to regularly contribute to another group blog about all things picture book, PICTURE BOOK BUILDERS. Her March 1 post (here) introduces her TEENY TINY TOADY along with an interview with her illustrator on this project, Keika Yamaguchi.

Next up is a New York Times piece by none other than Paul O. ZelinskyHis reviews always offer insights. When he selects titles to recommend and praise, no deadlines or distractions delay my heads-up attention. His March 11 review, 'THE NIGHT GARDENER', "TOKYO DIGS A GARDEN', and 'STORIES FROM BUG GARDEN' is no exception. 

I'll end with that, confident that I'm doing my own small part to celebrate spring, nature, and picture book writing and illustrating by linking to these reviews. Do yourself a favor and check them out. If you've read others to recommend, pop into comments and share them with us, please. 

Meanwhile, my shopping and library hold lists have grown, and I'll return to revisions on other work with a jolt of renewed energy of the season. 

Thank you to JILL ESBAUM, LESLIE COLIN TRIBBLE, and PAUL O. ZELINSKY for your wise words and wonderful recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture books are as versatile and diverse as the readers who enjoy them. Join me to explore the wacky, wonderful, challenging and changing world of picture books.